Hanafusa Okiya of Miyagawacho hosted a festival with Blue Lotus Okiya, and I went to see my good friends of Hanafusa and was joined by the rest of the Matsubaya girls and Kazumi chan. The turn out was amazing and I crashed several times. I'm sure I need a stronger computer now. heheh I couldn't take pictures, but thanks to Shinzo Umetsuki chan and Ryo kun, pictures were taken.
Later on in the day Matsubaya hosted an Ozashiki to celebrate Hina Matsuri. We dressed up in traditional Heian garb, as the festival itself originated in the Heian era, and climbed atop a Hina Ningyo set to become living dolls, even Kazumi chan of Suigetsu, our sister house, came to join in on the fun with us. Toting her heirloom sword with her as well! Who knew fearsome could be so pretty. Next year, I would like to see us dancing on a Hina Ningyo. ^.^
Ume chan told a story and afterwards, we unveiled our actual doll set and allowed our guests to take our places on the Hina Ningyo. I gave out dolls to everyone in attendance. I must say I have enjoyed myself during this festival and eagerly await Hanami.
My Kamuro Momo chan all dressed up in a Juni Hitoe. Isn't she just adorable??!
Myself, Ume chan and Momo chan togethre dressed like Heian ladies of the court.
I spy Kazumi chan dressed in pink and green. Momo chan choose it for her. It looks lovely on Kazumi chan
There was quite a crowd!
My dear friend Kikuyumi chan of Hanafusa Okiya, Miyagawacho
The court ladies gather together to share a kotatsu, and we do look like dolls *giggles*
Ozashiki at Matsubaya. The Living Hina Ningyo and the actual Hina Ningyo











No comments:
Post a Comment